Adams Street Partners
Adams Street Partners (“Adams Street”) is a global private markets investment manager, operating in more than thirty countries across five continents. With nearly five decades of experience and more than $50 billion in assets under management, Adams Street prides itself on the depth and breadth of its global investment capabilities and provides investors with differentiated access to the spectrum of the private markets strategies.
Adams Street has offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, London, Munich, Menlo Park, New York, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo. Employees operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of the firm’s investment professionals across five strategies primary investments, secondary investments, growth equity, private credit, and co-investments.
Adams Street is considered a pioneer in the private markets and was inducted into the Private Equity Hall of Fame in 2000 in recognition of the firm’s contributions. Adams Street became an independent entity in 2001 and a 100% employee-owned firm in 2008.
As an employee-owned firm, Adams Street believes in a culture of inclusiveness and collegiate achievement, and strives to imbue the highest standards of integrity, respect, and teamwork into all aspects of the organization. Adams Street is governed by a set of guiding principles which prioritize two goals provide exceptional client service and deliver top-tier investment returns.
The Operational Due Diligence Senior Associate will report to the Head of Operational Due Diligence at Adams Street. This role requires strong research and analytical skills, well-developed organizational, project management skills, and clear interest in operational due diligence and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) issues.
The operational due diligence function sits under the Investment Strategy and Risk Management Team. This team is responsible for ensuring the portfolios we construct and manage on behalf of our clients meet the objectives and guidelines of their strategy to maximize returns and mitigate risks, including operational due diligence risk.
This is a hybrid role with a mix of remote and office work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Reviewing and analyzing private investment managers’ internal operations across firm governance, finance, compliance, IT/cyber security, ESG and third-party resources across Adams Street’s investment strategies with a focus on private equity, venture capital and alternative credit.
- Evaluating the overall quality of systems, controls, infrastructure, personnel, and documented procedures through evaluation of manager documentation including, financial statements, regulatory correspondence, private placement offerings, due diligence questionnaires, policies, and other relevant documentation.
- Design, participate in, and document results of interviews of senior personnel at underlying managers, administrators, and other fund service providers.
- Reviewing and analyzing publicly available information concerning reputational risk patterns.
- Preparing written analysis of findings highlighting strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Performing ongoing tracking and monitoring of managers’ operations.
- Contributing to thought leadership pieces and relevant thematic research.
- Supporting and contributing to annual surveys, assessments, and internal/external reporting.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and communicating performance data for RFI’s, DDQ’s, and other ad hoc requests. Managing and coordinating workflow and processes associated with internal/external requests and deliverables.
- Contributing to the design, implementation, and overall operational due diligence framework.
- Performing other ad hoc projects as assigned.
Financial industry experience is required. An eye for detail, including solid proofreading skills, is critical. The ideal experience and competencies for this role include the following
- An undergraduate degree in area such as Accounting, Statistics, Finance, or other analytically oriented field, with proven academic success.
- CPA designation or a graduate degree(s) in one of the prior fields mentioned would be highly beneficial.
- Private markets experience across private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds a plus.
- Minimum four years’ experience working in an operationally driven environment; due diligence, audit, assurance, advisory, internal control testing, taxation, or operational risk management services. Prior performance reporting/analysis and operational due diligence experience a plus.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Excel functions required, including advanced functionality.
- Proven track record successfully managing multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Time management skills ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and balance priorities.
- Strong verbal and written skills with ability to communicate complex ideas and information effectively across a variety of audiences. Attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy while meeting required deadlines.
- Proven team-player, independent thinker, resourceful and self-motivated individual.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.