500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD $2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We invest early, and have follow-on and growth stage investing funds as well. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies. Our portfolio includes 51 companies valued at USD $1B+ and 180 companies valued at more than USD $100 million.
500 Southeast Asia is an early investor in Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, Prenetics and Finaccel, with 15 more of our portfolio companies worth in excess of USD $100 million each. We have made investments in 250 companies, which have gone on to raise a total of USD $20 billion. We are at an inflection point of growth, where our fund sizes, vehicles, strategies, are expanding in line with our investors interests, and the market opportunities. Hence, we are growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Investment Associate to join the 500 Southeast Asia team in Singapore. Your mission will be to support the General Partners with research, deal sourcing, diligence, analysis, research and supporting our founders post-investment. We invest in a new company on a near weekly basis – be prepared for long, intense hours but doing extremely satisfying, impactful, cutting-edge work. If you’re looking for the steepest learning curve to craft an enduring career in venture capital, be prepared to love hard work that is in store for you.
- Deal sourcing and due diligence on potential investments
- Conducting research that cuts across macro, sectors, and industries, to tie into investment theses
- Preparing financial models and analysis where required
- Managing and updating the deal pipeline and all information systems relating to deals from sourcing to exit
- Preparing deal memorandums and risk assessments for all new and follow on investments
- Preparing research reports and decks for the General Partners
- Managing tracking and reporting efforts for existing portfolio, including valuation of portfolio companies and other special projects
- Supporting the portfolio with their needs, especially follow-on funding
- Speaking at events to build networks with ecosystem players
- 4 years of investing experience in VC or PE preferred and prioritised. Similar experience in investment banking / finance or working in fast-paced environments with a focus on financial analysis with a strong business acumen will also be considered.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including data and financial analysis. Knowledgeable about how technology companies operate and scale
- Proven knowledge and interest in startup / venture ecosystem and technology trends especially in SEA through prior work / output / activities
- Ability to multitask and manage a huge number of varied deals and tasks, while keeping to timelines and maintaining a high quality of work
- Ability to easily understand and assess business models, people and market opportunities
- Ability to embark on deep, studied research where necessary
- Proven attention to detail and rigour of analysis through prior work
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities and working in a lean team
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Flexibility with international travel at short notice.