3i is a rapidly growing, invitation-only community of private investors sharing deals, insights, and contacts. With a focus on alternative and off-market deal flow, shared benefits, and investor services, 3i serves as a kitchen table around which highly engaged high net worth individuals can discuss and debate compelling, unexpected opportunities in emerging sectors.
Senior Investment Associate, Venture Capital
3i is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, and entrepreneurial Senior Venture Associate to own all functions of 3i’s venture deal track. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategy, the successful candidate will use their understanding of the venture investment space to source, analyze, and execute across deals in the venture ecosystem. In addition to sourcing opportunities, the successful candidate will architect 3i’s venture deal flow structure through building inbound and outbound sourcing strategies, as well as negotiate terms on behalf of our growing membership of active private market investors. If you are entrepreneurial, process-driven, deal-obsessed, and excited to disrupt the status quo in private markets, this opportunity could be for you.
- Sourcing: Originate live venture investment opportunities across stage and sector from within and outside of the 3i membership; curate deals shared by members and develop clear scoring criteria allowing for complete transparency; suggest thematic priorities based on market conditions
- Pipeline: Own end-to-end pipeline of live venture deals (i.e., origination through execution)
- Expert-driven: Source experts to speak to the merits of individual opportunities and build out an expert network so it is a company resource; solicit feedback on venture opportunities with member-experts from within the community to gauge quality and signal
- Analysis and research: Perform industry, vertical, and company research as needed; work with content team to provide a superlative group diligence experience for members; make recommendations to the investment committee about deals 3i should and should not consider
- Materials: Prepare light memos, investment summaries, and presentation materials pertaining to a wide range of audiences and spanning opportunities sets
- Communication and coordination: Own deal-related information flow between 3i and members, and between deal sponsors and members
- Member management: Members are a pillar of 3i’s deal sourcing channels – build authentic relationships with members such that you can be a resource for them and successfully harvest deals from our biggest asset
- Operations and execution: Oversight of associated administrative functions of deal process (logging, tagging, data entry); operationalize initiatives to improve deal product and member engagement
- New York City based
- You have 2+ years of experience vetting and managing investments on behalf of an individual investor, family office, or fund (ideally 1+ years in venture capital)
- You are extremely organized and detail-oriented
- You think in systems and process
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are hungry and you care deeply about private market deal making
- You are comfortable looking at a venture deal and quickly breaking it down into its salient parts
- You have strong communication skills across a wide range of audiences
What we offer
We’ll treat you well. If there are any other benefits that are important to you, we’d like to hear.
- Competitive salary and equity — multiple options based on your desire for ownership.
- Paid time off — Unlimited vacation, paid sick leave, and paid parental leave.
- Health Coverage — We cover up to $1,000 a month for healthcare premiums
- Workspace — company-paid co-working desk in your local community.
- Hardware setup — new MacBook Pro, big display, and accessories.
How to Apply
Interested in building 3i with us? Let’s talk! Email Mia Merrill, 3i Talent Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include this role’s title in your subject line.
- Send along a link to your LinkedIn Profile and any other links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Tell us briefly why you’re interested in joining 3i.
Not the perfect role for you? No worries – we are always on the lookout for exceptional talent. E-mail email@example.com with your resume and any information you believe is relevant.