About JFF Ventures:
Jobs for the Future, JFF, is a leading national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
JFF Ventures is JFF’s impact investment arm. JFF Ventures supports and invests in early-stage companies that are building innovative technologies to drive learning, employment, and economic advancement initiatives that empower workers in low- and middle-wage jobs. We look for unique opportunities to advance solutions that have the potential to drive impact at scale.
JFF Ventures Fund I (formerly known as ETF@JFF Labs) was founded in 2017 to fuel promising technologies and scale solutions that expand economic advancement for workers in low to middle-wage jobs. This fund was and remains the only impact-first fund focused entirely on workforce and future of work technologies.
After having invested in 40+ high impact technology companies, JFF Ventures is raising a second fund to support the growth of existing companies and seed the most impactful future of work, workforce development and employment technology tools.
About the position:
We are seeking a Senior Analyst to join our JFF Ventures team. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing organization, shape our new fund, operations, and our culture. This role is the right fit for you if you believe in the power of innovation and investment to create impact, are passionate about ed tech and workforce tech, have a deeply held desire to serve others, and want to play a key role in growing a high-impact fund.
As the most specialized and one of the most active future of work / workforce technology investors in the market, JFF Ventures offers the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of innovation and impact for workers. The companies we invest in are shaping the future of work and providing opportunity to millions of people, and we are on a path to expand our impact exponentially in the coming years. We are excited for what is around the corner and need your help to grow JFF Ventures to the next level.
What you’ll do:
Research & Analysis
- Perform market research to identify investment trends and opportunities, support investment decisions, and create thought leadership pieces
- Proactively identify new investment opportunities, connect with promising entrepreneurs, qualify inbound leads, and conduct research on markets including creating market maps
- Provide strong portfolio management, including actively monitoring current investments, their financial, business and impact performance
- Support quarterly and annual financial and impact performance review and reporting of JFF Ventures portfolio
- Support internal reporting, financial reviews and audits
- Perform qualitative and quantitative financial and impact analysis on investment opportunities and provide recommendations
- Support comprehensive review of companies, including their market, competitive landscape, product, and technology
- Assist the team with financial and valuation analyses
- Work with teammates to develop materials and present prospective opportunities and deals.
Strategy & Leadership
- Prepare high-quality external-facing documents, including marketing materials and thought leadership pieces
- Represent JFF Ventures in conferences, webinars and forums that help build our brand, source deals or fundraising opportunities.
- Serve as an internal connector and advocate for JFF Ventures within JFF to enhance and realize the synergies across the JFF Ventures, its portfolio companies, and JFF’s broader programs and networks.
Who you are:
- You believe in JFF’s core values and apply those values to all areas of your work
- You bring 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in venture capital, private equity, management consulting, private debt, investment banking and/or impact investing or a combination of workforce development and technology roles
- Strong financial modeling and business skills
- You are a natural problem-solver and bring an analytical mindset and approach to your work
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You bring knowledge of and passion for using investing to create social impact
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, enthusiastic, and collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a humble and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You possess flexibility and a willingness to do what it takes in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing team environment
- You are skilled at working independently, prioritizing competing demands, and keeping close attention to detail
- You know how to effectively engage with interdisciplinary partners, including startups, private investors, governmental agencies, non-governmental or community-based organizations
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- You are able and willing to travel for business up to 20% of the time
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
As part of your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Managing Partner, Yigal Kerszenbaum, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.