Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Senior Director of Venture Capital
The Senior Director of Venture Capital will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and investing in early-stage technology companies. This individual will be responsible for identifying and analyzing potential investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and leading the investment process. The Director will also be responsible for managing the portfolio of investments, including board representation and ongoing engagement with portfolio companies in Silicon Valley and New York.
- Sourcing and evaluating potential investment opportunities
- Conducting due diligence on potential investments
- Leading the investment process and closing deals
- Managing the venture capital portfolio, including board representation and ongoing engagement with portfolio companies
- Identifying and analyzing market trends and industry developments
- Building and maintaining relationships with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and other industry leaders
- Representing the venture capital firm at industry events and conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and MBA
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in venture capital or a related field
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Proven track record of sourcing and closing successful deals
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong network of industry contacts
- Understanding of early-stage technology companies and trends in venture capital
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Strategic Business Development Management: Evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures. Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of strategic business objectives. Defines vision, strategies, and tactics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The US base salary range that Micron Technology estimates it could pay for this full-time position is:
$204,000.00 – $357,000.00