Konvoy Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investing in the video gaming industry. With over $250 million under management and a portfolio of >35 investments, Konvoy is headquartered in Denver, CO. The firm is actively making new investments out of Fund III, which is a $150 million dollar fund. The firm was founded by Jason Chapman, Jackson Vaughan, and Josh Chapman. Konvoy is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a talented individual to join the Platform team at Konvoy.
The Platform Associate role will be a key early member of the Platform team who will work directly with the Head of Platform to manage responsibilities across operations, community, events, partnerships, education, tools, and data to support the growth of the companies in which we invest. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work across the Konvoy community, support cross-collaborative projects with the investment team, work directly with business leadership teams, and build a network across the startup and venture ecosystem.
As a member of the Platform team, this role will support both community and program-related initiatives to further establish Konvoy as a leading venture capital fund and to deliver value to its portfolio companies.
This opportunity is perfect for anyone that’s interested in working at a venture capital firm with a focus on value-add initiatives for high-impact startups and spending time with the next generation of founders and leaders building the future of gaming and interactive technologies.
You will have an active influence in the development, growth, and profitable exit of each Konvoy portfolio company. You will also play a key role in enhancing the “Konvoy Platform”, such as marketing, partnerships, brand building, podcasting, and much more. This person will work most closely with Dhinuka, our Head of Platform, but will interact actively with the entire firm across Investments, Research, and Management, as well as with the entire Konvoy portfolio to help them succeed. You should be highly motivated, confident, humble, teachable, enthusiastic, articulate, able to communicate your ideas (written and verbally), work well in high pressure situations, and be a self-starter who works on your own initiative. As in every exciting industry, you will also need to be flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required. We are all hands on deck.
The responsibilities primarily include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage existing platform tools & initiatives (Notion, Slack, Affinity, etc) and explore methods of enhancing engagement.
- Maintain, manage, and contribute to the quality of content & resources within a centralized platform for founders of our portfolio companies.
- Identifying new opportunities to proactively develop and promote platform value-add offerings for our portfolio companies.
- Support in developing community programs and events to foster knowledge sharing between portfolio companies and their leadership teams.
- Build and maintain a network of vendors to support our portfolio companies, including service providers, partnerships, talent recruiters, specialized agencies, and more.
- General Contribution: we expect to hear thoughts and ideas on how we can improve the firm and our strategy.
- 1-3 years of professional experience. Prior experience in platform, community, or event roles is a plus.
- Ability to work full-time (5 days a week) at the Konvoy office in Denver, Colorado.
- Enthusiasm for the video gaming industry with general consumer interest in games.
- Eager to learn and grow as an early member of a growing venture capital firm’s Platform team.
- A generalist mindset with a willingness to execute on projects with varying scope.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster communication and cooperation among diverse individuals online and offline.
- Comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations and motivated to experiment new strategies to build community.
- Excellent attention to detail with experience managing complex and evolving sets of information.
- Independent and highly organized with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to closely follow detailed processes.
- High EQ with the ability to build trust within communities and various stakeholders.