Starting a company is demanding, complex, and psychologically challenging. Founders need support, honest feedback, and someone who truly cares in their corner. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for our next Managing Director to join our team of authentic, smart, nice people. You’ll be walking into a top-ranked accelerator with the people, infrastructure and resources to set you up for success. You’ll work alongside our world-class investment team to find and invest in the best early-stage SaaS companies out there. You’ll be a close advisor to the companies in your cohort, supporting founders on their journey and learning more than you thought possible from these inspiring, driven entrepreneurs, many of which are working to change the world for the better.
Most importantly, you’ll help build a SaaS community that is truly inclusive, diverse, supportive and helping founders realize their dreams.
The Team You’ll Be Joining
Forum was started from a place of helpfulness, with the mission to make the B2B SaaS journey easier, more accessible and successful for early-stage founders. That extends to the people we work with. When you join Forum, you’ll join a respectful, inclusive team that you can trust, ready to collaborate and support you at any given moment.
We are unapologetically ourselves, self-aware and act with complete honesty and integrity. We’re open to learning, to different and new ideas, to feedback, and are constantly looking to improve. We work hard and smart, and spend the large majority of our time feeling inspired by each other.
At Forum, you’ll work both autonomously and collaboratively, with flexible location and hours, enjoy great benefits including parental leave, fund upside and unlimited vacation, and when possible, bond with the team when we meet in person.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Sourcing – You’ll be responsible for sourcing outstanding early stage SaaS companies through their network and personal efforts.
- Investment Decisions – You’ll be integrally involved in evaluating and selecting the companies we ultimately invest in for each program.
- Winning Deals – You’ll build rapport with prospective founders, demonstrate our value and differentiation as a fund, and sell yourself as the person they will build with.
- Overall Founder Experience – You’ll act as an extension of each company’s founding team, meet weekly with the founders and add value across key aspects of their business.
- Fundraising – It’s our goal as a fund to help as many companies in the program raise capital as possible. A big portion of your role will be to help make that happen – by building relationships with relevant VCs, making appropriate introductions, and preparing your companies to fundraise.
What We’re Looking For
- Relevant experience as an operator. You don’t need to have a billion dollar exit under your belt, or 10+ years of entrepreneurship in your past. You just need to have rolled up your sleeves and been in it during the early stages. Preferably in the B2B SaaS space.
- A knack for mentorship, having advised or mentored early stage founders.
- An interest and/or experience in investing. You might have angel invested, been part of a venture partner/scout program, or are generally interested in building your investment profile with the support of seasoned investors.
- A strong and demonstrated interest in the startup ecosystem, passionate about technology’s ability to change the world.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- A boat load of empathy.
- High integrity, a strong work ethic and takes a lot of pride in their work.
- Relationships in Venture Capital and tech, and/or a willingness to network and build up your personal brand in the industry.
Forum Ventures is an early-stage fund, accelerator, and community designed to take founders from pre-seed to seed. We back companies across all B2B SaaS verticals with a monetary investment, a dedicated support team, hand picked mentors and a growing community of founders, operators, and investors.
We join founders early on in their journey – usually as the first check in – and we stay by their side as they build, navigate the ups and downs, and go on to do great things. We’re a community of B2B SaaS experts, founders and operators here to support founders every step of the way.
Forum founders have gone on to raise from funds like Andreessen Horowitz, NEA, Uncork Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Menlo Ventures, Canaan, Bowery Capital, Susa Ventures, SV Angel, and more.