Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Head of Finance for Comcast Ventures role, based in NYC, will be responsible for overseeing and managing all finance-related activities across a broad portfolio of investments. This key contributor will work closely with the investment team and operational finance partners to provide strategic insights that support investment decisions. The role will involve providing accounting, financial and reporting support in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The ideal candidate must have the ability to think critically and analytically, manage various projects with a high attention to detail, and communicate effectively to senior leaders and external stakeholders.
Comcast Ventures is the venture capital arm of Comcast Corporation, with a 20+ year history of partnering with entrepreneurs to accelerate growth for their businesses. They support founders in creating significant businesses by providing capital as well as by leveraging the unique resources of Comcast’s operating businesses. Comcast Ventures invests in early to growth-stage companies that can shape the future of technology.
- Responsible for the operations of Comcast’s Investment Portfolios, including all accounting & finance functions:
- Execution of disbursement & proceeds
- Preparing & maintaining GAAP & operational financial reports
- Establishing and maintaining fiscal and budgetary controls and procedures
- Reviewing & analyzing data submitted by portfolio companies
- Monitoring & informing on the cash positions and financing needs of portfolio companies
- Provide ad hoc support to investment team on valuation & financial returns
- Work closely with Comcast Accounting/Finance/Treasury teams to facilitate transactions, reporting and planning
- Oversee budgets and forecasts related to the operations of Comcast Ventures
- Research external macro trends in VC industry & share insights with the team and leadership
- Collaborate with portfolio company CFOs & CV partners to optimize best practices
- Support portfolio management with insights on current and exited investments
- Provides motivation, direction and leadership for CV Finance team and adheres to the policies and standards of the Company.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Proven experience in finance, accounting, or investment management; focus on venture capital, private equity, or investment banking preferred
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, valuation techniques, and investment analysis
- Demonstrated expertise in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and risk management
- Self-starter with ability to drive analytics and problem solve independently, as well as manage multiple projects / deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and people management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Passion for technology, startups, and venture capital ecosystem
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.