Autobahn Therapeutics is a San Diego-based biotechnology company developing a portfolio of neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative clinical candidates leveraging its brain-targeting chemistry platform. Autobahn aims to unlock new therapeutic opportunities through precision tuning of CNS exposure, pursuing validated clinical and biologic targets, and guiding development with biomarkers. We have built a world-class team with deep expertise in drug discovery and development, clinical operations, corporate development, and commercialization. We are backed by world-leading healthcare investors, including Arch Ventures and Cowen Healthcare Investments.
We’re seeking high-performing individuals who are passionate about science and excited to work in a collaborative environment fueled by a rigorous and entrepreneurial culture.
Advance initiatives which support Autobahn’s corporate vision and goals as an individual contributor and close collaborator with cross-functional partners. In this highly visible role, the Director, Corporate Development and Strategy will be responsible for leading and supporting business and corporate development initiatives, investor relations, corporate and commercial strategy, and other key strategic projects for the business.
The title for this position may range from Associate Director to Senior Director, based upon experience and career accomplishments, and will report into the VP, Corporate Development and Strategy.
- Identify and prioritize external therapeutic and discovery platform opportunities that support Autobahn’s strategy and nurture scientific and business relationships.
- Work with functional due diligence teams to thoroughly evaluate external programs, including the most important opportunities and risks associated with the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of the product opportunities.
- Develop complex financial and forecast models to inform key decision-making on potential corporate development opportunities, as well as internal programs.
- Support investor relations activities by serving as a liaison to the investment community and facilitating the management of meetings, materials, and relationships with investors.
- Develop clear and concise messaging of the company’s science and strategy for external audiences, including investors, potential partners, and key opinion leaders.
- Support the development of the company’s commercial and life cycle management strategies through participation in internal initiatives, external market research, and management of external vendors and third parties.
- Support the development and execution of the company’s financing strategy.
- Develop and maintain competitive landscape to prioritize actionable BD and product opportunities through a strong understanding of disease biology, treatment paradigms, and emerging therapies in Autobahn’s therapeutic areas of focus.
- Assist with ad hoc requests from the management team and Board.
- B.S. degree in biological sciences, finance, or economics; MBA and/or PhD (preferred, but not required).
- 4+ years of experience or equivalent in biotech, investment banking, venture capital or private equity, or life sciences technology consulting.
- Understanding of the full drug development process, lifecycle management and commercialization of therapeutics.
- Understanding of the process of due diligence and asset valuation combined with a strong scientific and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex scientific concepts to non-scientific audiences.
- Excellent leadership/influencing skills. Adept at managing internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D, commercial, etc.) and external communications.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet business needs.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments and synthesize cohesive insights and strategies.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional learner and thrives with feedback.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Resourceful self-starter with high integrity, strong executive presence and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
The salary range for this position is $170,000 to $240,000 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The actual compensation and seniority level for this position will be determined based on relevant experience and qualifications. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for discretionary bonus and equity awards based on factors such as individual and organizational performance.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability and a 401(k) plan with company matching.