NEA Venture Capital Fellowship 2021
NEA is one of the world’s largest venture capital firms, with over $25B of committed capital. In our 44 years since inception, we have had over 250 IPO exits and over 350 M&A exits, more than any other venture capital firm in history. Our investments include 23andMe, Berkshire Grey, BuzzFeed, Coursera, Databricks, DataRobot, Expanse, Houzz, IonQ, Jet.com, Masterclass, MongoDB, MuleSoft, Plaid, Raise, Robinhood, Salesforce, Snap Inc., Tableau, Uber, Upwork, and Workday among many others.
NEA’s Venture Capital Fellowship is a two-semester-long opportunity starting in October 2021 to work directly with the NEA investment team in New York. It is designed to broaden access to the venture capital industry and provide opportunities to witness company-building from the ground up. This Fellowship will be remote and will be open to undergraduate students from all over the country.
At NEA, we are a team of investors, operators, technologists and entrepreneurs. By combining a collaborative team structure, deep sector knowledge, and the broad perspective of our scale, we show up early, dive deep and invest in big ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Work Alongside Investors: You will have the opportunity to attend company and pitch meetings alongside NEA investment professionals and will be responsible for various aspects of follow up, tracking, and investment research. You will manage a company tracker and stay up-to-date with emerging companies in various geographies. Additionally, you may have the opportunity to work with existing portfolio companies at the senior level by conducting research projects or putting together various market or competitive analyses.
- Develop Investment Theses: You will create and maintain market maps of key companies in sectors you and the NEA team are mutually interested in to assist with diligence and sourcing efforts.
- Design and Execute Projects for the Broader NEA Ecosystem: Given the size of our fund, we have a lot of data. All of this data will be at your disposal to put to good use! As a Fellow, you will leverage our resources and guidance to design and execute a project aimed at greatly benefiting the portfolio and the overall NEA entrepreneurial ecosystem. This is your opportunity to add value in a unique way and cement your mark at NEA.
The ideal candidate is:
- Curious – Asking questions and pursuing the best answers is at the heart of what we do. Curiosity is what makes us pursue investments and build conviction around them.
- Collaborative yet Independent – We give you a lot of freedom, so it’s important that you’re comfortable driving processes forward and taking initiative, while keeping team members informed and involved.
- Engaged – There is never a day when we don’t learn something new. It’s important to be constantly engaged and aware of new technologies and trends. This should be something you’re already passionate about!
To apply, visit https://neafellowship.com/
Additionally, we are looking for a person who has experience in the university’s venture scene or someone with a background in engineering, product or design. The fellowship includes a stipend. Please direct any questions to NEAfellowship2021@gmail.com.
Selected Portfolio Companies