ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud-based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As a Director on the Corporate Development team, this role will lead sourcing, execution and monitoring for acquisitions and investments. Reporting to the VP Corporate Development, this role will be a key partner to business leaders in product, engineering, sales, and finance.
You will be expected to be a collaborator and a leader – rolling up your sleeves to drive deals ahead, advise executives, and lead cross-functional deal workstreams. You are expected to be able to keep a big-picture view of the business goals, cultivate an outside-in perspective, while also minding the details that sum up to delivering on a successful transaction.
Preferred candidates will have several years of corporate development or investment-banking deal execution experience in Enterprise Software or Technology companies. Engineering background preferred but not required.
What you get to do in this role:
- Serve as a key strategic partner to business unit leaders, sales executives, and product and engineering stakeholders to help guide strategic thinking on M&A and venture investments.
- Develop domain knowledge and expertise to go deep on understanding product roadmap and use this insight to see emerging opportunities for growth. Help various stakeholders “connect the dots” to build business cases for acquisition or venture investment.
- Act as a central deal lead for M&A transactions and venture investments and project-manage deal planning, valuation, structuring, LOI/term sheet, due diligence, and other parts of deal execution with key stakeholders.
- Lead development of detailed financial models including projections, valuation and investment return analyses
- Manage junior team members and extended team resources to move multiple projects ahead simultaneously.
- Build and develop personal network of relationships with entrepreneurs, venture investors, bankers, and others to actively maintain unique insights into the market.
- Synthesize insights and deliver strategic implications for ServiceNow’s senior management and executives.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years total work experience with a minimum 5 years post-MBA experience with a top corporate development team, investment bank, or consulting firm
- Experience leading transactions, both as an acquirer and as an investor
- Demonstrated influence skills, and experience getting work done in a cross-functional manner
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in both business and technical discussions
- Strong preference for software / SaaS domain experience
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative high-growth environment
- MBA from a top-tier program
• Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
If interested, please apply here.