HM Ventures is the corporate venture capital investment arm of Highmark Health and its subsidiaries. Since 2010, we have invested in companies that advance Highmark Health’s enterprise strategy to create a remarkable health experience and free people to be their best, while generating above-market financial returns.
This job leads the evaluation and execution of corporate development activities, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments. Responsibilities include deal-sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, structuring, and portfolio management. Works closely with management across the enterprise, understanding business strategies, objectives, and organizational context to make informed investment decisions. Actively leverages internal resources and industry contacts (i.e., venture capitalists, bankers, entrepreneurs) to identify and evaluate investments.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead the overall activities associated with evaluating and executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investment opportunities; evaluate, plan and execute transactions, develop optimal structure, negotiate terms, coordinate and lead due diligence process, and post-closing integration planning and implementation.
- Lead business case development on strategic opportunities; develop business cases on potential transactions, evaluate strategic fit, financial returns and risks, and present business cases and recommendations to leadership and Board of Directors.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of growth and expansion initiatives; develop enterprise and business unit-specific M&A strategies, assist with the identification of growth and expansion initiatives in accordance with Highmark’s enterprise strategy, monitor industry trends, attend relevant conferences and maintain external relationships, work closely with business unit leadership to understand strategic imperatives, and maintain deal pipeline report for senior management.
- Performance Monitoring; oversee tracking of acquisition/investment performance and returns and prepare periodic updates to senior management on acquisition/investment performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 10 years of experience in M&A, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, strategy consulting or financial management, with a minimum or 5 years of direct experience executing M&A transactions or venture capital investments.
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling
- Communication Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
IF interested, please apply here.