The Director will be an integral part of the Fidelity Corporate Development Group, a multidisciplinary team that evaluates strategic opportunities, including potential acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and commercialization of new businesses.
Fidelity’s mission is to inspire better futures and drive better outcomes for our clients. Your role will help deliver on that mission by identifying new opportunities to serve clients, help Fidelity enter adjacent markets, acquire new capabilities and commercialize new businesses.
Fidelity Corporate Development works with all of Fidelity’s Business Units and levels of the organization to evaluate strategic opportunities. These opportunities include potential acquisitions, divestitures, strategic alliances, as well as business unit evaluations and reviews.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/CFA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Corporate Development, Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Investment Banking or Corporate Venture Capital
- Proven Track Record in successfully originating, negotiating and closing strategic investments and/or acquisitions that delivered strategic and financial impact
- Excellent research and communication skills – the ability to gather and synthesize materials on companies, products, industries and effectively communicate findings
- Superior organizational and process/project management skills
- Complex financial/valuation modeling skills
- Mentoring. Coaching and leadership skills
The Skills You Bring
- Excellent research skills are essential
- Advanced analytical, financial modeling and valuation skills are required
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is vital
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams
- Results-oriented, versatile and self-motivated
- Transaction experience required
- Financial Service industry experience is preferred
The Value You Deliver
- Originating new opportunities that are strategically aligned with our business
- Supporting the Corporate Development team and business partners in the valuation and due diligence process of potential acquisitions and strategic investments including the coordination of due diligence activities with internal teams
- Assisting the team with strategic evaluations of core and non-core businesses including improvement of financial profitability
- Staying current on industry trends through research, affiliation with professional organizations, and attending conferences and seminars as needed
- Researching and analyzing current and future trends in the financial services industry, including asset management, discount brokerage, institutional services, and retirement services
- Monitoring strategic moves of top competitors/industry leaders
If interested, please apply here.