Amazon is seeking a Senior Corporate Development Manager who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing transactions across the company (acquisitions, minority investments and select strategic partnerships). The primary focus for the role will be as a member of the Alexa Fund team within Corporate Development. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and the future of Alexa/voice assistant technologies, consumer devices media, and the Internet. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job.
Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses. This role is a highly visible position that interacts with Amazon’s most senior leaders including frequent interaction with business unit leadership. He/she will be required to handle multiple projects across a variety of business categories with an emphasis on the Alexa business. The candidate will act as the primary contact in supporting Alexa’s business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations/recommendations, term sheets and contract negotiations. This role requires a strong ability to build both internal and external relationships with the start-up and Venture Capital communities. It also requires the candidate to work closely with the Alexa Fund Portfolio Management team to define relevant use cases for target companies, achieve buy-in from business teams for their execution and act as a primary contact for companies in the portfolio post-closing.
Key Strategic Objectives
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support Amazon’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration
- Act as a subject matter expert on the market segments on which the candidate focuses, business plan assessment/valuation and deal structuring
- Solid understanding of the internet and technology marketplace
- Very strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Possess a history of high level negotiation experience
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Ability to build consensus and experience aligning and driving cross-functional groups
If interested, please apply here.