At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The mission of Komodo Health’s Corporate Development Intern is to help the corporate development team drive long-term value creation, portfolio building, and support inorganic growth. This role will play a key part in driving our understanding of specific markets and industries through analysis of major trends and events, building our understanding of strategic partnership landscapes, and surfacing the highest-potential corporate development opportunities. This role will report to the Head of Corporate Development and Strategy as part of our Finance team at Komodo Health.
Looking back on your internship at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Built market overviews and landscape analyses covering competitors and major market trends.
- Delivered insightful analyses of market dynamics & strategic opportunities through primary industry research.
- Drove M&A and strategic partnership opportunities through targeted market scans.
- Informed potential new market entry through build/buyer/partner analyses.
- Analyzed strategic and financial potential of specific opportunities, both thesis-driven and opportunistic.
What You Bring To Komodo
- MBA student with strong interest in health-tech, startups, and strategy.
- High degree of qualitative problem solving skills to break down complex, multifaceted issues into core drivers and solutions.
- Expert level knowledge of key tools (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Ability to use quantitative analysis for financial modeling, data analysis, and visualization.
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills.
- A learning mindset, growth orientation, intellectual honesty, pride in delivering the wow, and a belief in enjoying the ride (behaviors aligning with Komodo’s values).
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
If interested, please apply here.