Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our small team serves Engineering, Product and Design Leads and Executives by understanding what could accelerate all horizons of our roadmap through competitive insights and strategy; we source and execute deals to best accelerate that strategy; we ensure success through cross-functional operational integration. The Corporate Development function at Pinterest is relatively new, and this means we want teammates who are not only excited about the core job roles but also who want to come in on the ground floor and contribute to how the function scales to have incredible impact on Pinterest. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Development and will be working closely with Engineering, Product and Design leads, and the executive team.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a key business partner to the executive team, work cross-functionally with leaders, and act as a trusted advisor for all things M&A
- Build relationships with founders across the relevant startup ecosystem and act as their liaison to Pinterest
- Help drive the entire M&A process including market landscapes, target valuation, due diligence, deal negotiations, and integration
- Identify product gaps, evaluate build/partner/buy, and collaborate on target selection by creating holistic, meticulous analyses to influence decision-making
- Apply financial and valuation acumen to assess M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives
- Manage a rigorous due diligence process that encompasses all relevant cross functional partners
- Formulate integration plans and work with cross functional teams to execute successfully
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business unit leaders and senior corporate executives
- Be responsible for helping shape Pinterest’s strategy by identifying industry trends, developing a network of industry contacts including venture capital/private equity investors, and investment banking/advisory executives
- Communicate the principles and strategy for Corporate Development
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience in some combination of the following functions: Investment Banking, Consulting, Investing, Corporate Development, Business Operations, Strategic Finance, Product/Engineering, or similar environment.
- Desire to be a key leader in an active deal team which regularly engages with start-ups and established tech companies, venture capital/private equity investors, and investment banks
- Direct experience owning and managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders in driving the M&A process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor and creativity in problem solving
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners
- Self motivated and willingness to proactively take on leadership roles within a deal team or the company at large
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Experience in high-growth technology companies, with specialty in consumer internet a plus
- Excellent judgement, deep personal ethics, integrity, and connection to Pinterest’s company values
If interested, please apply here.