Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is seeking a highly driven, collaborative and commercially minded Corporate Development Associate to help us bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into our organization through acquisitions. This individual will provide valuable contributions across the entire deal lifecycle, including sourcing, evaluating, structuring, negotiating and managing the cross functional execution and integration of impactful acquisitions. Initially, this role will focus on sourcing and screening potential acquisition targets, including researching and understanding a wide array of technologies, companies, and business models in close partnership with product and eng sponsors, with significant exposure to the other Corporate Development responsibilities. This role will report to our Director of Corporate Development, is full-time, and is located at our headquarters in San Mateo.
Beyond acquisitions, Corporate Development at Roblox is focused on building long term relationships and giving back to the many amazing startups and investors we get to interact with. We take the long view. Minimum Viable Bureaucracy is core to how we operate.
- Source and screen potential targets, including managing the M&A pipeline
- Partner with product & engineering teams to identify areas of opportunity and evaluate potential acquisition targets
- Support deal teams in all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including market research, business case development, financial modeling, due diligence, execution and post-acquisition integration
- Track industry participants, industry trends and emerging technologies, and translate findings into actionable insights
- Create materials to communicate strategic priorities and findings to senior management
- Develop processes that increase the efficiency and impact of the Corporate Development team
What You Bring
- 2+ years of professional experience working on corporate transactions (investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, venture capital, etc.)
- High EQ and good communication skills to partner with teams across the company and with other companies to drive time-sensitive projects
- Efficient use and prioritization of time with our product and engineering partners
- Quick learner – able to quickly ramp up on new technical areas and effectively source/screen
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating creativity and judgment while prioritizing appropriately to meet tight deadlines
- Highly detailed oriented and organized
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
If interested, please apply here.