The Corporate Development Team is responsible for planning and executing strategic initiatives for the Firm with a focus on driving growth and profitability. The team collaborates with Firm leadership, other Investor Partners Group Teams and business unit leaders to plan and execute high impact projects such as new fund launches, product extensions, capital raising opportunities (debt and equity), M&A, joint ventures and new product explorations. The team also oversees and seeks to optimize some of the Firm’s investor products.
- Build and maintain quantitative and qualitative financial models related to new and existing Golub Capital funds and projects
- Prepare Firm communication materials and conduct ad-hoc analyses for investors, senior members of the Firm and counterparties
- Assist in the design and implementation of complex new investment funds for existing Golub Capital asset classes to provide current and potential investors with superior solutions for their needs
- Assist in fundraising and other development initiatives in collaboration with the Business Development, Product Specialist and Investor Relations Teams
- Support and provide leverage to the Corporate Development Team
- Work with internal constituents and external advisors (banks, accountants, consultants, and lawyers) on strategic initiatives
- In the future, a successful team candidate will facilitate the Firm’s planning and implementation for adding complementary lines of businesses and asset classes
- Learn the business inside out and develop knowledge of key industry and competitive trends
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an elite undergraduate school with a record of academic success
- 2 to 4 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, investment management firm, strategic consulting firm, private-equity firm or corporate strategy group
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and analytical skills
- Some financial services and / or asset management industry experience preferred
- Interest in focusing on growth through business strategy and corporate development
- High level of intellectual curiosity with a desire to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex business challenges
- Strong project and process management skills and ability to multi-task
- Comfort with frequent interaction with senior executives, department heads and external stakeholders
Critical Competencies for Success
Our Gold Standards Model defines key behaviors and competencies across 4 dimensions: Leadership, Achieving Results, Personal Effectiveness and Thinking Critically. These behaviors and competencies drive our ability to win together.
- Leadership : Role models in this area consistently focus on the right goals and priorities and continually develop themselves and others. Always team players, they influence and engage with others to contribute to a great culture.
- Achieving Results : Role models in this area are high achievers who develop careful plans and execute consistently and effectively. They hold themselves and others accountable for delivering high quality results.
- Thinking Critically : Role models in this area understand our business, rely on analytical reasoning to define and solve problems and make decisions effectively. They are forward thinking, anticipating issues and addressing them in advance.
- Personal Effectiveness: Role models in this area build strong relationships and communicate effectively. They are driven to exceed expectations and adaptable to changing circumstances.
The department-specific competencies define the knowledge, skills and abilities that are needed to successfully perform the functional or technical work of this role.
- Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the Firm’s position in the industry, specifically with regard to direct lending and asset management, as well as the competitive landscape. Monitors industry trends and changes and recognizes their relevancy and implications to the Firm.
- Firm and Product Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the Firm’s investment strategies, client base, products and investor needs, including the Firm’s structure and competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Innovation: Embodies an agile and creative mindset to help develop new solutions, continuously improve and optimize existing processes and impose structure in ambiguous circumstances through people, process and technology.
- Project / Program Management: Manages projects and / or programs through planning, identifying resources, executing, monitoring and communicating project activities and assessing impacts of the project decisions.
- Analytics: Surfaces, sources, analyzes and interprets data to identify trends and inform strategy and business decisions.
- Data and Content Stewardship: Follows appropriate policies and procedures to enter and manage data and content, including evaluating issues with data and content and taking appropriate steps to address them. Communicates with others regarding data and content stewardship to ensure accuracy and integrity and encourages others to uphold data and content stewardship practices.
- Relationship Management: Creates ways to engage others, cultivate trust and build long-term win-win partnerships with investors, business partners and internal teams.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Golub Capital offers a full range of benefits which includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
Golub Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please apply here.