Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Research the cryptocurrency industry, identifying critical shifts and evolving trends in the ecosystem, and their implications for Coinbase
- Partner with product leads to scope and deliver bespoke analysis on emerging trends in the cryptocurrency industry, and communicate insights to key stakeholders and the Coinbase executive team.
- Support development of the Around the Block newsletter, synthesizing bespoke analysis on the most relevant news and trends across the company and on the Coinbase blog
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to supporting new crypto-native product initiatives
- Support sourcing and diligence of new early stage crypto companies
- Participate in growing the Corporate Development function by supporting broader-team initiatives, including hiring
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years experience building or working within Crypto; investing experience is a plus
- Passion and deep understanding of emerging trends within the crypto industry
- Excellent writing skills and ability to distill complex topics into clear, easy to understand messaging
- Excellent organizational, analytic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience working with startup management teams and cross-functional execs, including product, engineering, legal, and finance
- BA/BS degree
Nice to haves
- Investment banking, management consulting, and/or private equity experience
- Experience at top-tier venture capital firm and/or crypto specific company
- Engineering or Data Analysis experience, preferably in or with blockchains
- MS or advanced degree
If interested, please apply here.