We are seeking an experienced investment professional to join our New York or Houston office as an Assistant Vice President. The ideal candidate is an operationally minded, strategy-oriented, finance professional. The firm provides an excellent opportunity to gain an expansive breadth of hands-on investment experience across new platform and bolt-on acquisitions, having completed a dozen transactions in 2020. You will play a vital role in sourcing and executing investments, valuation analyses, and strategic planning. You will work with a cross-functional team on both new platform acquisitions and on-behalf of new and existing portfolio companies on bolt-on acquisitions. You will also be occasionally asked to assist in evaluating other forms of illiquid investments including evaluating venture capital, resources, and alternative investments.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and execute investment opportunities for new platforms and bolt-ons focused primarily on middle market services businesses in the U.S.
- Assist with transaction execution, including negotiating with sellers, managing due diligence, and presenting to the investments committee.
- Building and/or managing a team of associates.
- Direct and manage a wide variety of quantitative analyses, including DCF, LBO, comparable transaction, and accretion/dilution analysis.
- Enhance portfolio company equity value by developing and reviewing business plans, analyzing capital expenditures, and performing financial analysis.
- Monitor relevant transactions, capital market trends, company financial statements, industry, regulatory, and other economic information.
- In conjunction with the M&A Operations team, work with portfolio companies on special projects designed to increase portfolio company valuations (ie: designing new KPIs or capital investment models).
- Assist in the evaluation of other forms of illiquid investments including venture capital, resources, and alternatives.
- Strong investment experience including 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience. At least 3 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or another financial and valuation analysis function.
- Knowledge of all aspects of M&A transactions, including transaction management, financial and valuation analysis, documentation, due diligence, and negotiations.
- Displays advanced deal execution and/or project management skills – ability to manage more than one transaction or initiative simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with and coordinate a cross-functional team.
- Ability to operate in an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven process management abilities.
- Experience in the Healthcare & Industrial sectors preferred, but not required.
- Experience in venture capital or growth capital is a plus.
- MBA from top-tier program is preferred, but not required.
If interested, please apply here.