Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $12B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Market Development team aims to accelerate time-to-market for the a16z portfolio. We take a uniquely long-term view towards business development and focus on 3 pillars 1. Advise our portfolio companies on user/revenue growth via sales, marketing, strategic partnerships. 2. Develop and manage long term relationships with key business leaders and influencers across the all the top consumer ecosystems. 3. Identify strategic growth opportunities for portfolio companies across the network of executives and influencers.
We are looking for someone with a passion to accelerate the impact of new consumer technologies in the global landscape. As an Associate Partner, you will be responsible for supporting your team’s efforts (1) to accelerate portfolio companies’ key go-to-market initiatives, (2) in deepening and expanding the a16z consumer network of business leaders, and (3) manage complex cross team projects.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships.
- Take a structured and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Develop plans for key strategic accounts to drive deeper relationships and identify and understand key initiatives.
- Analyze corporate landscape, identify key business leaders for the consumer ecosystem and reach out and initiate relationships.
- Support the team on account engagements via preparing detailed briefs.
- Research, synthesize and share insights on new verticals, industry trends or accounts for the team.
- Develop partnership plans with portfolio companies.
- Have a thirst for knowledge and willingness to be coached to progress in your career.
- Be a team player and collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 2-5 years of work experience. Experience in account management, project management at a B2C company or management consulting focused on consumer technologies is a plus.
- Relationship management at the leadership level.
- Proven ability to research, synthesize and present information on given topics.
- Experience compiling executive meeting preparation and briefing materials
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail.
- Keen ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver high quality results.
- Highly organized, great at research, note taking and completing projects in a timely manner.
- Comfortable representing your point of view to Partners and other executives.
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
If interested, please apply here.