Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic. We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has nearly $16.5B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Market Development team accelerates time-to-market for the a16z portfolio. The group advises portfolio teams on their go-to-market strategy across sales, marketing, and business development. Additionally, the team creates commercial and strategic partnership opportunities for the portfolio with its network of Global 2000 executives. Through these efforts, the team strives to support each portfolio company in its pursuit of product-market-fit and commercialization at scale.
We are looking for someone with a passion to accelerate the impact of new consumer technologies in the global landscape. As an Associate Partner, you will be responsible for supporting your team’s efforts (1) to accelerate portfolio companies’ key go-to-market initiatives, (2) in deepening and expanding the a16z consumer network of business leaders, and (3) manage complex cross team projects.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Build and cultivate long-lasting relationships
- Analyze corporate landscape and trends
- Identify key business leaders for the consumer ecosystem and reach out on behalf of the team and initiate the relationship
- Take notes during curation calls and during meetings
- Support the team on strategic account engagement plans
- Create meeting prep documents for General Partners
- Collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 1-3 years of work experience. Experience in account management, project management at a B2C company or management consulting focused on consumer technologies is a plus
- Resourceful and coachable
- Highly organized, great at research, note taking, and completing projects in a timely manner
- Keen ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver high quality results
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and high attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently
- Ability to prospect via email, LinkedIn
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
If interested, please apply here.