At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is a strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
As an integral member of the Distribution Growth Ventures Team, the Assistant Director works closely with the team’s Sr. Director, DGV on identifying, sourcing, analyzing, executing and monitoring growth opportunities. The AD-DGV also monitors internal due diligence streams, including collaboration with regional performance teams and other enterprise partners as needed to assess and execute deals.
Accountable for evaluating and monitoring complex distribution growth opportunities (deals), assists with sourcing deals and structuring deals and complex negotiations.
Collaborates with internal and external partners to shape and test opportunities. In partnership with SD, DGV, refines and adjusts strategies based on learnings to drive innovative solutions.
Prepares complex financial scenarios using multiple financial modeling tools (including Excel, FMM, Planning Tool, ROI, break-even) and uses expertise to guide the work of consultants and direct decisions about investments.
Establishes and manages a repeatable framework to support and simplify the execution of individual deals working across with Law, Compliance, Finance and Career Distribution partners.
Oversees the tracking and measurement for deals. Monitors and reports on portfolio performance.
Drives learning and capabilities out to strategic priorities.
Monitors industry trends (including attendance at industry events), interprets challenges and opportunities, and presents ideas to maximize growth.
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record a plus (e.g. MBA, JD)
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture and have the potential to evaluate complex deals. Critically and logically evaluates costs, risks and benefits of alternatives to produce solutions.
- Proven ability effectively communicate/quantify investment strengths as well as related risks and mitigating factors.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to draw conclusions and identify and quantify performance gaps.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An understanding of economic and other forces affecting the financial services industry.
- Engages in and models courageous and constructive dialogue; confidence to offer a new and potentially challenging idea to foster conversation and critical thinking; ability to deliver difficult / complex messages and help others understand multiple points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond quickly and creatively to change and shifting, sometimes competing, priorities. Comfort operating through risk and uncertainty in a high- volume work environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
If interested, please apply here.