About TDF Ventures
TDF Ventures is a Seed/Series A venture capital firm with a focus on technology investing, enterprise software and infrastructure. We are currently investing from Fund V, which like previous Funds, is $150m.
The firm has several unique characteristics:
- All of the Partners come from 20+ year operating careers in the areas in which we invest. Our thesis is that it advantages our investing to be able to bring these operating skills and experiences to bear in early-stage VC.
- We are thematically oriented and at any time are focused on 3-5 investment themes. Over the last 10 years we’ve deeply studied and invested across at least 40 themes in enterprise software and infrastructure. Being deeply knowledgeable helps us determine where to focus and where not to focus, and improves the effectiveness of our diligence process.
- We have a single LP and a permanent base of capital. This allows us to focus our time on our current portfolio and new investment opportunities as opposed to fundraising.
- 3 of our last 4 Funds have been top quartile and we’ve had several multi-billion $ exits.
- The Partnership has a very operational and highly collaborative culture with little to no hierarchy.
The Associate position is for our main office in Washington DC. We also have an office in San Francisco. The Associate position is a Partner track position with two time-based milestones. The first is an ability to source companies in which the firm invests. The second is development of a successful track record of investment. We offer a competitive compensation package which over time can include carried interest. We are very much of a “mesh” organization and you will work directly with Principals, General Partners and Operating Partners. Compensation and promotion decisions are ultimately made by the General Partners based on both direct and indirect experience working with the Associate.
We’re offering a unique education in two areas that will likely be the foundation for your professional growth:
- The world of early stage investing: finding, evaluating, funding and growing early stage companies.
- The operating role of an entrepreneur: overcoming challenges while building and growing companies
In their first several years, the Associate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and analyzing new investment opportunities as well as providing operational support to portfolio companies. The ideal candidate must be a person with a passion for start-ups who gets energized by speaking daily with startup CEOs, learning about new technology and markets, and building a wide network.
The position requires strong communication skills and analytical capabilities, creativity, and drive. An understanding of the startup ecosystem and venture capital industry are pluses.
The expectations, role, and responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Form well-defended opinions on markets, sectors, and companies based on analyses and market intuition
- Perform due diligence on potential investments
- Be comfortable speaking daily with CEOs of technology startups and other industry experts
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities
- Drive portfolio company analyses and/or operational projects
Candidates may come from a mix of backgrounds, but most likely have spent 1-4 years gaining experience in management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or at a technology company. MBA not required.
If interested, please email me email@example.com with their resume.